Anchored Focus offers individualized coaching building time management and organization skills. Coaching is an ideal strategy to help students of all ages improve executive functioning skills such as:
- Initiation – starting work
- Inhibition – stopping off-task behavior
- Shift – moving from one idea or activity to another
- Working Memory – remember information for immediate use
- Planning – setting goals and the steps to accomplish them
- Organizing Materials – tracking items in workspaces
- Time Management – allotting appropriate time for each task
- Monitoring – judging the quality and pace of work
- Emotional Control – regulating stress and distractibility
A successful coaching process includes determining the need for coaching, establishing a good relationship with the student, identifying long-term goals, discussing obstacles and ways to overcome problems, tracking progress and evaluating strategies for staying on track.
Contact Anchored Focus if you’d like to hear more about how an academic success coach can help!