Productive wizs, those who have major accomplishments to their name, don’t play by the same set of rules as the rest of us. They have figured out the game of life is to treat their time as their most precious resource and everything else falls into place. Here are a few of the “rules” people who get things done do differently:
- E-mails? Limited to just a few times a day.
- Meetings? Not without a clear purpose and agenda.
- Delegation? As much as possible.
- Me time? Essential – and includes eating, sleeping, and exercise.
- Interruptions? Is it urgent and important?
- To-do lists? Nope, use a calendar instead.
- Multitasking? Waste of time, focus on only one thing at a time.
- Dinner with the family? Top priority each day!
What really distinguishes the super-achievers is not only believing in their own set of rules but figuring out how to make it a daily practice. If success were as easy as reading about what to do, we’d all be millionaires and Olympic athletes. But we’re not and the crucial difference is learning in a way that changes not only our knowledge and attitudes but also our practices. Anchored Focus provides a learning experience addressing the whole system: what we know, how we feel, and what we do. Contact Anchored Focus to learn more about increasing your productivity and success!